Hello, Welcome to our blog! Comment, Follow, and Enjoy

Love,

Malak, Daria, and Katharine

June 19, 2013

When You Only Get 5 Hours of Sleep...

You can guess from the title that I only received five hours of sleep last night -___- (Game of Thrones... just too addicting!) Anyways... when I wake up the next morning after very little sleep, I look somewhat scary...
 <--- Scariness..

Anyways, I thought I would share how I do my makeup in order to make it look like I am not actually dead. 
1) WASH YO FACE GURL. I highly recommend using a face wash that will wake up your face, like one with little beads if you have flaky skin or one with cooling/ heating sensation if you have more sensitive skin. This way your face will wake up. 
2) Moisturize your face (duh.. unless you want oily, clogged up, dry skin). I use Pond's Crema S for general moisture and The Doctor Brand blemish relief lotion for my face. Under my eyes I use the Dead Sea Treatment Aloe Vera Eye cream.
3) After all the pre-requisites are done, I sponge on my Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen Wow Foundation by Benefit. This evens out my skin tone and lightly conceals (since I lost my only concealer... :( )
 2) Since my foundation does minimal concealing and I still got some acne, I dabbed on my Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse foundation over the acne. This stuff is thicker, so it's easier to conceal those lil' nasty things. I find liquid foundation/ concealer just slip off, so the thickness of this foundation stays on.
 3) I powder my face with the Laura Mercier Mineral Powder. 
This stuff just sets the foundation in (I guess... that's what they all say). I just think it gives a nice matte yet not cakey finish to the makeup.
4) Then the brows. Gurl (or guy) when you fill in your brows, you just lift your face and make yourself look younger (aka less tired). So I fill in my brows with a mix of black and espresso eyeshadow from my Lorac Pro palette.
 5) Woah, sleepy. Woke myself up again.
 6) Okay.. so i kinda just forgot to take pictures for the eye makeup. Basically, I used my Revlon Illuminance Creme Shadow in Skinlights 08. I used the lightest color and swiped it in the inner corners of my eyes, the center of my eyelids, and right underneath my brow bones. This gives a nice, natural shimmer to the face that will again, make you look WAY more awake than you actually are. Another thing I did was CURLED MY EYELASHES. This helps a ton. It opens up your eyes to make it look like you weren't asleep. I then tight-lined my lashes with the espresso shadow and my eyeliner brush. I finally finished the eyes with some mascara.
7) I added blush ABOVE the apples of my cheeks in a stripe motion. This again lifts my face making you think I have high cheekbones (it's all an illusion, remember), therefore younger, therefore more awake.
8) I ended with my EOS lip balm to give a nice natural shine and smoothness to my lips cause I am sure they can't handle any lipstick.

Too tired for that.

Good luck peeps! Hope this helps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello there, make a mark: